On Tuesday morning I was treated to a wonderful spa experience at the Equinox Spa Cape Royale, in Green Point Cape Town. The timing could not have been more perfect as the girls went back to school on Tuesday as well, so it was indeed a bit of much-needed, rather self indulgent “me-time”.
The Cape Royale is situated in Green Point overlooking the grandiose Green Point Stadium and is perfectly positioned just outside the Cape Town CBD and the V&A Waterfront making it perfect for businesses and leisure travellers.
Upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted by a door man adorned in a top hat and tails and escorted through the elegant reception area, to the elevators which take you up to the Equinox Spa. The decor in the spa is magnificent, luxurious with a hint of drama. A monochromatic colour scheme is punctuated with bursts of colour. Black and white damask wallpaper adorns the walls and a beautiful ornate chandelier in the reception area gives the spa an almost ethereal feeling.
I was greeted by the friendly staff who showed me to the changing area, fully equipped with lockers and showers for guests to use. I was asked to change into a crisp white robe and shown to a waiting area, here I was offered cucumber flavoured water and a selection of healthy nibbles. My therapist Zama then took me to the treatment room which was warm and inviting. I was then treated to an hour-long hot candle massage, which is not a treatment that I have had before so I was very intrigued to experience it for the first time.
The oil that collects at the top of the burning candle, is used for the massage, it felt sublime on my skin. The hot oil is said to relieve muscle pain and stimulate blood circulation in the body. Needless to say the treatment was amazing, from the beautifully scented candle, raspberry and lavender I believe, to the gloriously warm and soothing oil the candle produces – I was in heaven! The massage itself was wonderful, with just the necessary amount of pressure, I tend to carry my stress in my neck and shoulders so there were lots of knots to work out.
Equinox is a realm of indulgence, offering individualized professional therapies with a touch of couture elegance
I would definitely recommend a visit to the Equinox Spa and I will definitely be back there in the future to experience more of their world-class treatments. To find out more about the spa and other treatments they offer, visit their website here.
I loved the experience so much that I would like to treat one of my lucky readers to a Nimue Facial!
Here is what you need to do:
- Show some love by liking Super Mom Blogs Facebook page and Cape Royale Hotel & Spa Facebook Page
- Leave a comment below this post telling me why you deserve to win this treatment
Please shout out and tell your friends about this awesome competition by tweeting the following - win with @supermomsablog & @Equinox_Spa @Cape_Royale
- This giveaway will run from Thursday 19th July 2012, until the 26th July 2012. The winner will then be randomly selected and announced on my blog on the 27th July. The winners will also be notified via email that they have won.
- The winner will receive a 1 Hour Nimue Facial at the Equinox Spa at the Cape Royale Hotel in Green Point Cape Town.
- Please leave a comment on this blog, below the post, stating that you have completed the above; along with your details in the comment section below this post (please include your email address). If you do not complete this step your entry will not be valid.
- Conditions of entry: Anyone may enter this giveaway but please advised that the Equinox Spa at the Cape Royale Hotel is in Cape Town and the prize does not include travel costs, therefore the winner will need to be in Cape Town to redeem their prize. The prize may not be exchanged for cash.