I am a bit delayed with my review of My September rubybox but we have been rather busy over the past few weeks, my hubby’s youngest brother got married on Saturday! Needless to say it has been a little bit chaotic around here lately! I also prefer to try out the products for more than a week, before I report back about them. Without further a do here is my review:
September is the first birthday of rubybox and the also saw the joining of forces between rubybox and GlamBox, so this months box is all about celebrating!
- Camilla Nail Polish – a full-size bottle of a pretty magenta nail polish perfect for the new season! I loved the colour but did find that the polish chipped fairly easliy but with it only costing R25.99 a bottle it great value for money.
- Very Irresistiblle L’Intense by Givenchy – a very sensual, feminine fragrance. The fragrance is rather heady with notes of white musk, Turkish rose and patchouli – perfect for wearing in the long summer evenings ahead! A 50ml bottle will cost you R945.
- Jean d’Aveze White Lotus Cream – I have adored using this cream and it will definitely be one that I will but again. I have been struggling with pigmentation for the past few years and tried a host of different treatments and creams, with most making the pigmentation worse. This cream on the other hand was soothing and calming on my skin. It is packed with soothing white lotus and plumping hyaluronic acid and I saw a dramatic difference in my skin after only a week of using it! At R560 for 50ml this cream is certainly not cheap but if you use it sparingly it should last a few months.
- Palmolive Thermal Spa Turkish Bath - I am not really a shower gel gal, I much prefer a good old cake of soap but I am always willing to try something different! I must admit the gel has a wonderfully invigorating smell and does the job, leaving you feeling refreshed and pampered. This full-size product will cost you R34.99.
- Piz Buin Tan & Protect SPF15 Lotion - I have to be really honest I have not tried the Piz Buin Tan Lotion yet, partly because the weather has been so hit and miss and with the wedding coming up I did not want to experiment with any new sun products, on my delicate winter-skin! So this is one I will have to get back to you on but it promises to deliver non-sticky, sweat and water-resistant SPF protection. A 150ml tube of the Piz-Buin Tan Lotion will cost you R190, which is on par with most other sun protection.
To find out more about rubybox and how to order your own click here
For more beauty reviews and product news click here.