I recently received this Elizabeth Arden Blush, from the Beauty Bulletin to review. The timing could not have been better because I was really running low on my current blush! I have not used this product before so I was really keen to try it out and see what results I got.
I love using blush! I feel it gives your overall look that extra polish but in saying that, you must be careful not to over do blush, otherwise you could end up looking like a clown!
The Elizabeth Arden Blush that I received is from the Beautiful Colour Collection and the shade is Plum Perfection 03. This Radiance Blush, is colour-true and high-pigmented, to provide the ultimate definition, for a natural, radiant glow. It is also enriched with vitamins and antioxidants to help soothe and protect the skin.
Many people are afraid of using blush but the key things you need to remember are: everything in moderation and find a colour to suit your complexion! If you stick to these principles you will be left with a look that is natural and sculpted rather than over done and clown-like.
To apply blush successfully you also need the correct brush, so do yourself a favour and buy a proper blusher brush. I use a Kabuki brush, similar to the MAC one shown above. I find this type of blush brush works brilliantly for me but you need to find one that does the job for you.
I have put together a short video on how to apply blush, which also includes my thoughts on this product and a few other makeup tips. You can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel to keep up to date with future beauty reviews.
Disclaimer: I received the Elizabeth Arden Blush from the Beauty Bulletin to review but I was not paid for this post and all the opinions are my own.
Last week I posted my review on the Naturals Ylang Ylang, Bergamot and Neroli Night Crème, which is an amazing body cream, especially made for use at night, when your skin is regenerating and needs extra moisture to help it do so. I am very excited to announce that I am giving away a Naturals Beauty Pamper Hamper - containing the Naturals Ylang Ylang, Bergamot and Neroli Night Crème and the incredible White Sugar Body Scrub, which buffs away roughness and brightens the skin! The scrub is excellent for cellulite and for those suffering with bad circulation!
All you need to do to win the Naturals Beauty Pamper Hamper is follow the entry steps on the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- This Giveaway will run from 16th April 2013, until the 26th April 2013. The winner/s will then be selected via the Rafflecopter form and announced on my blog and on Facebook. The winners will also be notified via email.
- Please complete all the necessary steps on the Rafflecopter form, to ensure that your entry in processed correctly (please use a valid email address). Your details will only be used to validate your entry and inform you, if you are selected as a winner.
- Conditions of entry: Anyone may enter this giveaway but please be advised that the various companies sponsoring prizes on Super Mom Blog, are based in South Africa and therefore prizes will only be shipped within South Africa. The prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
To find out more about Naturals Beauty Products or place an order please visit their website by clicking here
Last month I told you about the Obey Your Body Products which I received to review. Well it is just over a month since I started using them, which I feel it enough time to establish whether or not I like the products or more importantly if my skin likes the products!
The products that I am reviewing are mostly from the Age-Control Range. They are Decorin Age-Control Day Cream SPF15, Decorin Age-Control Night Cream, Decorin Age-Control Thermal Mask and Decorin Age-Control Radiance Serum. The Decorin Age-Control (DECO) Collection fights the naturally occurring effects of aging. This range is aimed at skin which is showing signs of aging and promises to create youthful and healthy looking skin – something at the age of 40 I am definitely looking to achieve!
The other two products I received to review are the Radiance Care Creamy Milk Cleanser and Radiance Care Clarifying Facial Toner, both a cleanser and a toner should be part of your daily skincare regime.
I must admit that I was rather sceptical about the Obey Your Body Products at first, after hearing mixed reviews about the products but I can confirm that I have nothing but positive feedback to give you – so here goes:
- Decorin Age-Control Day Cream SPF15 ~ This is a definite winner! Even my hubby has been using it, he is somewhat of a metrosexual when it comes to using products and looking after his appearance but I have no complaints, at least he is looking after his skin. What I love most about this product, is that although it is very moisturising, it is lightweight and does not leave your skin feeling greasy. It also has the added benefit of containing an SPF15, which is perfect for me as I have pigmentation and need to use sunblock to prevent the pigmentation from becoming darker.
- Decorin Age-Control Night Cream ~ I am all about trying to keep that youthful glow and feel that is very important to use a night cream! The younger you start the better but the most important thing is to find a night cream which suits your skin type. The Decorin Night Cream works overnight to nourish and firm stressed skin with the innovative collagen organizing tetrapeptide DecorinylÂ®. I found this cream especially beneficial after spending a few days up the West Coast, as my skin became incredibly dry after spending time in the salty sea water but after a few nights of using this cream it was soft and supple again.
- Decorin Age-Control Thermal Mask ~ This mask is quick and easy to use and you do not need to leave it on your skin for longer than 3-5 minutes. Do not be alarmed however, as you will feel a rather unusual heating sensation after application, which indicates that the mask is active. You then rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water. The Decorin Thermal Mask is recommended for use once weekly and I have taken to using if I know I have an evening out, as gives your skin a wonderful glow.
- Decorin Age-Control Radiance Serum ~ This is probably my favourite product! I started using a serum in my daily routine well over a year ago and I can immediately feel the difference in my skin if I forget to apply it. I have tried quite a few but I must admit this is probably the best one I have tried thus far. I apply it to cleansed skin in the morning and evening, before my moisturiser. I find that it leaves my skin wonderfully silky and smooth!
The DECORIN Collection from ObeyYourBody® gives an immediate lift to tired and stressed skin. The range contains the innovative collagen organizing tetrapeptide Decorinyl®. The Decorin (DECO) range is enriched with powerful antioxidants and natural herbal complexes to help you create radiant, youthful and healthy looking skin. The products also provide long-term care that tightens, firms and prevents dry lines and wrinkles. ~ Obey Your Body
- Radiance Care Creamy Milk Cleanser ~ I love using a creamy cleanser especially to remove my eye makeup and the Radiance Creamy Milk Cleanser is suitable for all skin types. It is also perfect for sensitive and problem skin, as it is very mild and gentle on the skin. It also has a wonderful fresh fragrance without being over perfumed.
- Radiance Care Clarifying Facial Toner ~ I feel that a toner should also be a vital part of your daily beauty care but again it is important to find one that is suitable for your skin type. Some Toners can be very astringent and leave your skin feeling dry and taut. The Radiance Care Clarifying Facial Toner however is not one of those, much like the cleanser it is very gentle and helps to balance the skin’s natural protective pH, leaving your skin feeling radiant and healthy.
My overall experience with all the products has been very positive and I have noticed a wonderful renewed firmness and glow to my skin! I am also hoping to review the Pigmentation Cream, from Obey Your Body, as this condition is a major concern of mine.
To find out more about Obey Your Body Products visit their website by clicking here. You can also follow Obey Your Body on Twitter and Facebook.
Disclaimer: Obey Your Body has sponsored the above products for review purposes.
I have a thing about body butters and body creams and try to moisturise at least twice a day, especially if I have been active or outdoors in the elements. There is nothing nicer than pampering your body with a divine smelling body creme after an invigorating shower or a relaxing bath!
I use a variety of body butters and creams but my new favourite is Naturals Ylang Ylang, Bergamot and Neroli Night Crème. This body cream, by Naturals Beauty is extra rich and smells amazing! It is especially made for use at night, when your skin is regenerating and needs extra moisture to help it do so. Ylang Ylang is known for its balancing action of sebum, known to be soothing on the skin. Neroli stimulates the growth of healthy new cells and has properties that help you sleep better at night. Bergamot finishes off this blend beautifully as it is helpful in treating nervous tension.
The cream has a soft silky texture and as I mentioned before, a wonderful fragrance and it leaves your skin feeling amazingly soft to the touch.
Naturals Beauty is a small family run business, based in the Riebeek Valley in the Cape and have become known for their excellent customer service. Their products are available to purchase on various online stores and in health and boutique stores. They also run Open Houses where customers can try the products first hand and be given personal attention and advice. To find out more about Naturals Beauty Products or place an order please visit their website by clicking here.
Since she first graced our screens as the delectable Joan Holloway in the hit US series Mad Men, Christina Hendricks has become a pin-up for men and a beauty and style icon for women. It is not only the way she dresses her gorgeous hourglass figure, which is reportedly all-natural and has not been subject to breast enhancement or any other cosmetic procedure, that makes her look so distinctive and so admired, but also her glowing porcelain skin, effortless style and flaming red hair.
So, how does she do it? In a recent interview with Marie Claire, as well as a quick chat with Elle, Christina revealed her top beauty and style secrets.
- Homemade Tinted Moisturiser - When asked about her preparations for showing more skin on-screen, Christina revealed that she uses a kind of homemade tinted moisturiser. She said: “If my legs are showing, the makeup artist adds a tiny amount of foundation to body lotion and rubs it in. Now if I have an event to go to, I’ll buy CoverGirl foundation and mix it in with my lotion.”
- Conditioner for Coloured Hair - As the actress is a natural blonde and has been dyeing her hair its distinctive red shade from a young age, she protects it using plenty of conditioner. Christina favours a high quality colour extend conditioner to keep her hair shiny and soft, especially when filming episodes of Mad Men when she has to re-colour regularly to keep the same brightness.
- The classic red lip - Although her on-screen alter ego Joan prefers a coral lip, Christina loves a classic red lip in real life, with her favourite shade being ruby.
- Protection for perfect porcelain skin - Christina is almost as well-known for her creamy, ethereal porcelain skin as she is for her red hair and hourglass figure. The actress keeps her skin so youthful and flawless by keeping out of the sun and protecting her face from freckling by applying plenty of Dermalogica sunscreen. Christina also admits to never being without moisturising serum for her dry skin.
- Beautiful blush – a beauty bag staple - If she had to offer one beauty secret, Christina says hers would be blush. She says: “If there’s only one thing you wear, make it blush. A little on your cheeks, and you’ll instantly look pretty, lively and fresh. Isn’t that what we all want!
Guest Author: Isabella Franklin find her on Twitter