I thought I would share a few of my fab beauty finds for the week. I have heard to much about the new Revlon Photoready Eyeshadows, which include a primer to help give you seamless application and lasting wear. The palette I chose is called “Impressionist” a gorgeous combo of gold and sparkle. I have not tried it yet but I will be sure to share my review once I have!
In keeping with the gold theme I could not resist this Mavala Nail Polish shade, Lamé Gold, it is a subtle gold pearl shade with a hint of pink shimmer. Very pretty The other Mavala shade, “Sapporo” is a great nude shade, reminiscent of a Cafe Latte.
The last fab find is an Essence Nail Polish Corrector Pencil. I have tried many different brands of corrector pens in the past and most I have found to be useless! This one by Essence really does work. It will live in my makeup bag, ready for nail polish application on the run! I have been known to apply nail polish in my car on many occasions
If you are looking for other beauty product posts or reviews start here
Recently I attended a Skin Rejuvenation Event, at Legs Eleven Lazer Spa, in Green Point Cape Town. We learnt about the use of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) in skin rejuvenation, using the latest, state-of-the-art technique in photo-facial therapy. The procedure is designed to stimulate and encourage healing and regeneration of the skin through the application of a broad-spectrum light.
Legs eleven’s innovative IPL technology and simple pricing approach provides you with the best anti-ageing skin treatment and the best hair removal solution, available at the lowest price.
At Legs Eleven they use the very latest IPL technology combined with highly skilled therapists, to generate effective, long-lasting hair removal and skin rejuvenation.
- Skin Rejuvenation – At Legs Eleven customers report visible improvement of photo-damaged skin after one to three IPL skin rejuvenation treatments. The Spa treats the signs of photo-ageing, age spots, liver spots, freckles, uneven pigmentation, broken capillaries / thread veins, diffuse redness, red markings, enlarged pores, acne, uneven skin texture and fine lines and wrinkles. IPL skin rejuvenation improves the skin’s appearance, enhances its condition and results in a wonderfully new colour, tone, texture and radiance, all in one flash of light.
- Hair removal - On average Legs eleven customers report permanent hair removal of 80 to 95% after a course of IPL treatments. Results do differ from individual to individual depending on the skin type, hair growth, hair colour and thickness, area to be treated, customer gender and age. To achieve optimum results, it is important that a full treatment course is undertaken to ensure all hair follicles are treated in their appropriate phase of hair growth.
At Legs eleven we recognise that all of our customers are unique. At your free consultation, our skilled therapists will assess your individual skin and hair type and design a customised treatment program just for you. ~ The Legs Eleven Promise
To find out more about Legs Eleven and book a session pop over to their website by clicking here or call them on 086 132 4752.
I recently blogged about the amazing Naturals Beauty Teen Range! If you would like to read my review on the Teen Range, you can click here.
Well today one lucky tween or teen can win a Naturals Beauty Teen Hamper! The hamper consists of the Teen Facewash, the Teen Moisturiser and the Teen Spot Treatement. So if you are a mum, aunt or sister of tweens or teens, get them to enter or simply enter on their behalf. If you are entering on someone else’s behalf, please be sure to tell me the name of the lucky person you are entering for!
You can enter by following the simple steps on the Rafflecopter form below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- This Giveaway will run from 4th June 2013, until the 12th June 2013. The winner/s will then be selected via the Rafflecopter form and announced on my blog and on Facebook. The winners will also be notified via email.
- Please complete all the necessary steps on the Rafflecopter form, to ensure that your entry in processed correctly (please use a valid email address). Your details will only be used to validate your entry and inform you, if you are selected as a winner.
- Conditions of entry: Anyone may enter this giveaway but please be advised that the various companies sponsoring prizes on Super Mom Blog, are based in South Africa and therefore prizes will only be shipped within South Africa. The prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
To find out more about Naturals Beauty Products or place an order please visit their website by clicking here
As you may have noticed I am really loving the plum and wine shades for winter 2013 from fashion right through to nail polish shades. In my opinion these colours are perfect for the season, sexy and sultry. Reminiscent of a glass of ruby, red wine or a bowl of delicious ripe plums!
These lipstick and gloss shades, I am sharing today, match perfectly with this winter palette, they are not too dark, for everyday wear but still uber-sexy.
I am loving this lip pencil by MAC! The shade is Spice and it goes well with most pinks and brown shades, I have even used it with red lipstick before.
Maybelline lipsticks are one of my favourites, actually it is the lipstick I buy more frequently and use most often. I tend to blend shades to get the colour I am looking for and these shades are perfect on their own or blended. Shade no.1 is Toffee Tango, a more subtle brownish plum mauve, with a bit of frost and no.2 is Warm & Cozy, I love this shade because it is neither pink nor brown but rather a perfect mix of both! Both shades are from the Colorsensational Range, which have crisper colour, from pure pigments and a great creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar.
Last but not least is a bit of gloss or in this case Stila Lip Glaze in Cranberry. I like to wear gloss over my lipstick, as I love the moist feeling it gives my lips, as well as the shimmer. Unless I am wearing a matt lipstick you will always find me wearing gloss This is the first Stila lip product that I am using and I must admit it took me while to figure out how to get it to work it! I love the glossy finish this lip gloss gives your lips and the colour is stunning!
I have included a video tutortial featuring the lipsticks featured in this post and a few tips for better application.
If you would like to read more of my beauty posts and reviews please click here