You may recall a review post I did after a visit to Rouge Day Spa, which is situated in Kenilworth in Cape Town. The Spa offers a full range of skin and body treatments, massages, mani’s and pedi’s, facials, waxing and tanning.
I was recently invited back to Rouge Day Spa, to have a full set of Eyelash Extensions fitted. Being someone who has only worn false eyelashes once, I was unsure what to expect but I went along with an open mind!
Rouge Day Spa Eyelash Extensions
Upon arrival at Rouge Day Spa, I was shown to one of their treatment rooms. Once settled my therapist Koko explained how the eyelash extension application works. After securing my bottom lashes with tape, so they would not interfere with the application of the extensions, she set to work.
You can opt for dramatic look or something a bit more simple, if you are a bit nervous to go all-out the first time! For my lashes, I asked Koko to aim somewhere in-between – I love a bit of drama in my life 🙂
Each eyelash extension is meticulously applied, to your own lashes – something which takes patience and precision, which my therapist clearly had in abundance! If like me, you have never had eyelash extensions before, I can assure you it is completely painless and the entire process takes about an hour and fifteen minutes.
The end result was amazing! As Koko pointed out to me I already have good lashes but WOW what a difference the extensions make! I could not stop looking at myself in the mirror. Below you can see a before and after picture, in both photos I am not wearing any eye makeup.
I have also been wearing much less eye makeup and did not wear mascara for the first week, as I really did not need to.
A full Set of Eyelash Extensions cost R450 and Rouge Day Spa also offers maintenance services, which are R250 for a 2 week fill and R350 for a 3 week fill.
How to care for your lash extensions:
It is recommended that you use an oil-free mascara and a gel eye pencil, while you have eyelash extensions fitted! Rouge Day Spa stocks the recommended products for eyelash extension users, which is The Blink Lash Care range. To clean your lashes and remove any makeup it is also recommended that you use The Blink Lash Care range’s oil free make-up remover.
I am very excited to announce that one lucky Inspired Living reader can win a full set of Eyelash Extensions from Rouge Day Spa, worth R450!
To enter and win a Full Set of Eyelash Extensions from Rouge Day Spa please follow the simple steps below to complete your entry:
- Follow @ & @ on Twitter and Tweet about the giveaway: “Win a Full Set of Eyelash Extensions from @ and @ http://bit.ly/1IBSAfr “
- As an extra entry share the giveaway on Facebook: “Win a Full Set of Eyelash Extensions from @RougeDaySpa on @InspiredLifeSA http://bit.ly/1IBSAfr ”
- Leave a comment below: telling me if you qualify for an extra entry.
- Please ensure you read the *Terms & Conditions below carefully, to ensure you comply with all the entry criteria.
*Terms & Conditions:
By entering this competition you automatically accept all the Terms and Conditions laid out below.
- Entries are open from 27th July 2015 until the 5th August 2015.
- You must complete all the steps as stipulated above: Leave a Comment, Like and/or Share on Facebook or Instagram and/0r Tweet about the competition.
- To ensure that your entry is processed correctly (please use a valid email address). Your details will only be used to validate your entry and inform you, if you are selected as a winner.
- This competition is only open to South African residents and to readers who have not won a competition on Inspired Living SA in the past 6 months.
- Entries will be considered incomplete and thus disqualified if the entrant does not provide all requested information. Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent. The prize hamper will go to the first name selected at random after the closing date.
- The prize is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. Rouge Day Spa is based in Cape Town, therefore the winner will need to be in Cape Town to claim their prize.
- By “Liking” you enter and agree that this promotion is in no way associated with, administered by, or endorsed by Facebook; and acknowledge a complete release of Facebook by your participation.