Did someone say Wine on the River? Sounds like my kind of festival! The 11th annual, Wine on the River Festival, will be taking place next month, from 14-16 October 2016. The popular, outdoor wine festival, will take place at the picturesque riverside farm, Goudmyn, situated on the R317, between Robertson and Bonnievale.
Wine on the River
Robertson Wine Valley, invite you to Celebrate Spring, on the banks of the Breede River! This fabulous event, promises to be fun for the whole family. Think soaking up the sun, quaffing your favourite local wines, while listening to sultry sounds of jazz and blues. Add to this delicious country cuisine, made from wonderful local ingredients, as well as exploring art & craft stalls, or a leisurely river cruise. Sounds rather amazing don’t you agree?
Discover more about the local wine culture, while you personally interact with wine makers, and enjoy pre-booked tutored tastings. If you feel like spending time on the river, then a leisurely cruise on the popular Viljoensdrift boat, is the thing for you. Funds raised are in aid of the Breede River Hospice.
If you plan on taking the kids, they can enjoy some of the family friendly activities on offer, which include a kid’s play area with face painting, arts & crafts, a jungle gym, and horse rides. Proceeds from the kids play area, will go to the Anna Foundation; a local charity that strives to assist disadvantaged schools and communities.
Due to its success last year, the second annual Duck Derby, will take place again this year. Proceeds from this initiative, will go towards the Bonnie-People Project in Bonnievale. This project helps assist settlement residents, in building and developing sustainable components within their community.
Wine on the River, also provides wine lovers with the perfect opportunity to stock up on their favourite Robertson Wine Valley Wines, which will be available at cellar door prices!
Zero Tolerance Policy Towards Drinking and Driving
Robertson Wine Valley supports the use of wine in a responsible manner, and law enforcement will enforce a zero tolerance policy, with regards to drinking and driving. To support responsible tasting, complimentary shuttle services are available from central spots, in local surrounding towns, to the event.
I know that you would really love to join in the fun! Well you have come to the right place, you stand a can to win 4 tickets to the value of R1000! Yes, you can win 4 x Wine on the River tickets, each valued at R250 each. Tickets are valid for a full weekend pass, and free entry for children under the age of 18 years.
- Use the Rafflecopter form below to complete your entry.
- Leave a comment telling me who you will be taking with you to Wine on the River.
- Follow Wine on the River on Facebook, as well as Inspired Living on Facebook.
- For an extra entry follow Robertson Wine Valley on Facebook.
*Terms & Conditions:
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The closing date for entry will be 30th September 2016, and no further entries will be accepted after this date.
- Making use of the Rafflecopter Form, please complete all the steps as stipulated above. Leave a Comment, Like and/or Share on
- Facebook or Instagram and/0r Tweet about the competition.
- Please use a valid email address when entering. Details supplied, will only be used to validate your entry and/or inform you, if you are selected as a winner. Any information obtained from entrants, will under no circumstances be shared with any third party, unless consent is obtained.
- This competition is only open to South African residents over the age of 18 years, and to readers who have not won a competition on Inspired Living SA in the past 6 months.
- The prize will go to the first name selected at random after the closing dates, and Prizes won are not transferable, and may not be exchanged for cash.
By “Liking” or “following”, you enter and agree that this promotion is in no way associated with, administered by, or endorsed by Facebook; and acknowledge a complete release of Facebook by your participation. Tickets are sponsored by Wine on the River but the post is not paid. All opinions, content and images are property of Inspired Living or Fiona Rossiter, unless otherwise stated. To see more read the full PR & Disclosure Policy below.