It is difficult to remember a life without online shopping! While lockdown in South Africa was terrible in so many ways, one of the positives was the increased availability of online commerce. You can buy almost anything online, and most retailers have considerably expanded their offerings. One of my go-to online destinations, for everything from fashion to home decor, is Superbalist.com.[Read more…]
The cold winter weather in on its way! The mornings are darker and there is a definte chill in the air. It is time to haul out your winter wardrobe, dust of your boots and get ready for the chilly months ahead. Some of my fashion favourites for winter are long T’s and leggings, worn with boots and an oversized chunky knit.
A brand which I am loving at the moment is EARTHADDICT clothing! EARTHADDICT clothing draws its inspiration from the Earth, distilling pure and natural design cues into a distinctive range of leisurewear for women. The brand draws upon a natural palette, and translates the unique colours of a river pebble, rain cloud or an autumn leaf into its stores and clothing.
While scouting for items for my winter wardrobe I found the perfect pair of long leggings and a long-sleeved fitted T, in their Raven colour pallette. Both the leggings and the T are from the EARTHADDICT Classic Range and are made from 100% organic cotton – making them super soft and comfy! They are a perfect addition to my winter wardrobe!
EARTHADDICT use 100% organic cotton wherever possible, which is grown without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, which is much kinder to the environment!
Items: Raven Classic Long-sleeved T R299 Earthaddict, Raven Classic Leggings R349 Earthaddict, Cable Knit, Boots & Snood My own from last season
All4Women.co.za, is one of the fastest growing online women’s magazine in South Africa, they offer their readers a wide range of articles on fashion, beauty, weight loss, health, decor and more, with over 400 articles being added each month.
All4Women recently launched a brilliant new feature on their website called Window Shopper. Window Shopper allows you to view and share images of clothing items available in South Africa’s leading women’s retail stores, without leaving the comfort of your chair! You can filter your search, either by store(s) and/or type(s) of clothing.
Loads of new pictures are added every day, so this way you’ll get to tour the mall without having to leave the comfort of your home or office. It is a one shop “fashion-finder,” which allows you the convenience of visiting one site, instead of having to trawl the mall or online stores to keep up to date, with all the hot new fashion items that have hit the shelves.
As a busy mom, I think this is a fantastic idea, especially if you are looking for something specific! At least you can do your research and legwork before you hit the shops or even better still order an item from a store on-line and have it delivered!
Images: 1) Is property of Inspired Living please do not copy or use this image. 2) All4Women
Mimi and Jojo have just launched in South-Africa! They are an exclusive on-line kid’s toy boutique, and boast a fabulous range of classical wooden toys by Le Toy Van, Big Jigs and Janod, to name but a few. They also sell an exclusive range of high-street fashion items for kids. Mimi and Jojo also stock an assortment of modern party ware, kid’s bedroom and playroom accessories – it really is a one stop shopping experience for parents.
Mimi and Jojo have managed to secure the biggest deal in kids fashion in South Africa, by becoming the first on-line stockists of UGG and Minnetonka kids shoes, which you could only previously purchase in the UK and USA. These labels adorn many a famous mini-fashionista’s feet, being worn by the super trendy kids of Gwen Stefani, Brad & Angelina and the Kardashians.
Becoming a super mom, has become that much easier, whether you are a working, shopping or stay at home mom, all you need is Wi-Fi, and kids of course. Mimi and Jojo have packaged options for mothers who want their kids to be unique whether its clothing, shoes, party ware, kids room, play room furniture or toys Mimi and Jojo have it all and best of all they even do free gift wrapping for you, perfect for buying gifts for your little ones and gifts for little-friends too.
Mimi and Jojo was founded by two young working mothers who felt that there was a gap in the market for safe, eco- friendly, high quality kids wear, toys and furniture. The launch of their on-line store could not have been timed better, with Christmas just over a month away! Their themed party decor includes some cute festive items – perfect for all of those parties you will be throwing during the holidays.
Their new website is user-friendly and makes shopping on-line a pleasant experience, once you have selected and paid for your items delivery via courier will take 2 – 4 working days, dependant on where you are situated. It could not be simpler!
As part of their opening promotion Mimi and Jojo are giving all customers a 10% discount off all kids furniture and free delivery on all orders over R1000. So do not waste any time – head over to their awesome new website and get shopping; they truly have an amazing array of goodies on offer. If you would like to keep up to date with their promotions and special offers you can follow them on Facebook.
October has been a rather busy month but one of my highlights each month is the arrival of my Rubybox, it is exciting to see what new products the Rubies have sent my way. My October 2012 rubybox included a how-to self-breast-examination, in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness month, something we all need to be more aware of!
My October rubybox Review:
- African Extracts Rooibos Anti-Ageing Hand & Nail Cream – I am fairly besotted with hand-care and use hand cream religiously. I feel that you can really tell a person’s age by looking at the hands – so why not try to fool nature and keep them looking as young as possible! The cream is lovely and nourishing, it coats your hands well and almost acts as a barrier cream. It does have a slightly sticky feel to it once applied and a fairly strong fragrance but overall it does the job of moisturising your hands.
- Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics – As I may have mentioned before I am rocking the big 40, so anti-aging is top off my priority list when it comes to buying skin care. This cream promises the whole she-bang, it is rich in antioxidants and probiotics, to slow down the visible signs of ageing. I love the feel of the cream on my skin although it is fairly thick and a tad greasy for me to use during the day but it left the skin on my face and neck silky smooth.
- Kenzo Madly – first off let me say I am not a big Kenzo fan, I find their fragrances tend to be a bit overpowering and extremely floral and can give me a headache, when I wear them. I did however remain open-minded when trying the samples, out of the two Madly is definitely more me, it is floral with Jasmine notes but it also has a sensual musky element which is something I like in a fragrance.
- Kenzo Flower – it has a lovely floral scent but this is not the fragrance for me, even though it has notes of vanilla which I love, I find the overall scent too sweet.
- Kenzo Homme Sport – something for the man in your life! It is a rather musky fragrance, with notes of aromatic mint, ginger and cedarwood. My first thought was that it was quite a heavy fragrance but as the scent developed and it settled on Mr I decided that I quite liked it!
- Rubybox Tools Eye Lash Curler – this is a new addition to Rubybox’s range of “tools”, I have never used an eye lash curler before and I must admit I was a bit nervous when trying it for the first time, scared that I would accidentally pull out all my eyelashes if I slipped. Thankfully I did not pull them out and I did notice a bit more of a up-swept curl, on my lashes but I think I still need to get the hang of using this beauty tool!
- Zehra Age Beautifully – the last item in this months box is by far the most intriguing! It is an oral collagen supplement, to help you maintain youthful looking skin. I have not tried it yet and I am somewhat sceptical but hey best I try it and find out for myself. The Zehra supplement contains Peptan Collagen, to help stimulate collagen production, improve skin hydration and re-densify the dermis.
To find out more about rubybox and how to order your own bespoke sample beauty box click here.
For more beauty reviews and product news click here.