I love nothing more than a pampering spa treatment. I must confess, however, I have not really had much time of late, to spend on pampering myself! So I welcome any and every pampering opportunity that crosses my path! [Read more…]
Shelley went along to find out more about this inspired range of beauty products.
A bit of background info on Kalahari Spa Products:
Kalahari Spa was inspired by an extraordinary journey that started in the vast open plains of the Kalahari Desert in Africa. Carina Franck, Founder and Director of Kalahari Spa International, grew up on a farm in the Kalahari Desert where the rolling sand dunes and expansive blue skies shaped her childhood playground. “From an early age I knew that the heritage of this magical land and its humble people was something that would be ingrained within my core.”
For the last decade Carina was in the forefront of the fast-moving beauty industry, local as well as international. With her passion for Africa, Carina was inspired to create a range of world-class Spa products that was shaped to capturing the unique characteristics of the Kalahari Desert. “It was important for me to merge the complete experience of the desert including the colours of the earth, raw textures and rare fragrances, in this signature range of products”. “My focus was on making the Kalahari Spa experience an intimate journey by bringing the ancient secrets of the desert to the client through touch, sound, visual interaction and smell.
Carina and her team strive for perfection and every product contains a bouquet of pure natural plant oils, making each product harmonious with nature by enhancing the true value of the desert and the plants of the Kalahari.
“We pushed the eco boundaries with regards to the use of naturally harvested botanical ingredients and we were sensitive towards the deserts vulnerable ecosystems. We insist on using reputable phytotrade organisations and certified sustainable sources. All our packaging is 100% recyclable and the paper we utilise is recycled! All these merits contribute to making Kalahari Spa a pioneering range and the first to capture the true meaning of Africa in this extraordinary manner.”
Some ingredients frequently used in the Kalahari Spa Products:
- Hematite stone – this is ground into a fine powder and is excellent for the formation of collagen.
- Resurrection plant – this plant can live for 50 years with no water and this extract is used to protect the skin against free radicals and seals in moisture for up to 24 hours
Other ingredients used in their products are Marula Seed Oil, Kalahari Clay, Red Dune Sand, Matura Seed Butter and Baobab Oil.
There are 4 signature fragrances in the range, which are from inspired by the Kalahari:
- Khoi-San = Escape – the main aroma being that of Buchu.
- Dune = Relax – this fragrance reminds one of sitting around a camp fire in the bush.
- Tsamma = Refresh – is a cooling, cucumber scent.
- Wild Honey = Enhance – it has a lovely honey fragrance with undertones of vanilla.
The Inzolo Spa Experience:
I personally found most of the products very pleasant and if they claimed to be non-greasy and quickly absorbed, they actually were! I particularly loved the Hand Cream, Cuticle Oil, Body Oil and the Body Balm. The Fragrance Tree was very pretty and makes an unusual and different ‘diffuser’. The Lip Balm works really well and dry lips are definitely a thing of the past. The majority of the products are safe to use on sensitive skin, one simply needs to select the correct fragrance range. My favourite scents were the Tsamma and Wild Honey range but the Dune was also very pleasant. I found the Khoi-San scent very strong initially and it would take some getting used to but I was assured that it is definitely one that grows on you quickly. ~
The products are very wholesome and the company has a great ethos and endeavours to use completely natural and sustainable ingredients in their products. ~ Shelley Nell
The treatments offered are:
- Kalahari Calabash Sole Survival
- Kalahari Tsamma Hand Ritual
- Kalahari Khoi-Khoi Escape – this is a back massage using the therapists hands and forearms
- Kalahari Desert Glow Exfoliation – they use the Kalahari salt and it helps to detoxify as well
- Kalahari Rolling Sands Massage – this is a full body massage
To find out more about the treatments offered by Inzolo Spa contact them directly on 27 21 790 0116.
Thank you to the ladies at Inzolo Spa at Hout Bay Manor and the team from Kalahari Ancient Desert Secrets for a fabulous afternoon!
Source: Images Shelley Nell, Background Information – Kalahari Spa
Day 9 of the count down – 15 days and counting! Loved our visit to the Camelot Spa at Le Franschhoek – a very necessary pamper session! The staff at the spa are wonderful and so accommodating!
Unfortunately we were without proper internet connection thanks to the “awesome” service from Vodacom – not! So all my posts are a bit delayed but hey its holiday season!
*ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED*
The Hout Bay Manor, my first Romantic Getaway feature, offers guests the luxury of indulging in much deserved pampering at The Inzolo Wellness Suite (Inzolo meaning peace, calm and tranquillity). The Spa’s philosophy is to nurture the senses and to promote the rejuvenating, healing energy of Africa in the picturesque setting of Hout Bay. Here couples can select from a menu of massages, facials and other pampering therapies in an exceptional dual treatment room.
I am super excited to announce that we are giving away a massage for two at the amazing Inzolo Wellness Suite, at the Hout Bay Manor, valued at R380 per person! How romantic, especially if you are looking for a way to treat that special someone, in you life.
What do you need to do to enter:~
- Like Super Mom Blog’s Facebook Page.
- Like Hout Bay Manor’s Facebook Page.
- Once you have completed all of the above steps leave a comment on this blog, below the post, stating that you have done so and tell us what your most romantic date/holiday would be like.
- Please tweet about this fab giveaway to let you friends know – Win a couples massage with @HoutBayManor and @supermomsablog ! Or post about it on Facebook!
Competition Details and Disclaimer:
- The Couples Massage at Hout Bay Manor Giveaway will run from 15th August 2012, until the 26th August 2012. The winner will then be randomly selected and announced on Super Mom Blog. The winner will also be notified via email that they have won.
- The winner will receive a massage for two at the Inzolo Wellness Suite valued at R380 per person.
- Please leave a comment on this blog, below the post, stating that you have completed the above; along with your details in the comment section below this post (please include your email address). If you do not complete this step your entry will not be valid.
- Conditions of entry: Anyone may enter this giveaway but please advised that Hout Bay Manor and the Inzolo Spa is situated in Cape Town and the winner will need to be in Cape Town to redeem their Prize. This prize does not include transport of any kind. The prize may not be exchanged for cash.
- Any person/s who have won a competition on Super Mom Blog in the last 3 months are not eligible for entry.