October has been a rather busy month but one of my highlights each month is the arrival of my Rubybox, it is exciting to see what new products the Rubies have sent my way. My October 2012 rubybox included a how-to self-breast-examination, in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness month, something we all need to be more aware of!
My October rubybox Review:
- African Extracts Rooibos Anti-Ageing Hand & Nail Cream – I am fairly besotted with hand-care and use hand cream religiously. I feel that you can really tell a person’s age by looking at the hands – so why not try to fool nature and keep them looking as young as possible! The cream is lovely and nourishing, it coats your hands well and almost acts as a barrier cream. It does have a slightly sticky feel to it once applied and a fairly strong fragrance but overall it does the job of moisturising your hands.
- Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics – As I may have mentioned before I am rocking the big 40, so anti-aging is top off my priority list when it comes to buying skin care. This cream promises the whole she-bang, it is rich in antioxidants and probiotics, to slow down the visible signs of ageing. I love the feel of the cream on my skin although it is fairly thick and a tad greasy for me to use during the day but it left the skin on my face and neck silky smooth.
- Kenzo Madly – first off let me say I am not a big Kenzo fan, I find their fragrances tend to be a bit overpowering and extremely floral and can give me a headache, when I wear them. I did however remain open-minded when trying the samples, out of the two Madly is definitely more me, it is floral with Jasmine notes but it also has a sensual musky element which is something I like in a fragrance.
- Kenzo Flower – it has a lovely floral scent but this is not the fragrance for me, even though it has notes of vanilla which I love, I find the overall scent too sweet.
- Kenzo Homme Sport – something for the man in your life! It is a rather musky fragrance, with notes of aromatic mint, ginger and cedarwood. My first thought was that it was quite a heavy fragrance but as the scent developed and it settled on Mr I decided that I quite liked it!
- Rubybox Tools Eye Lash Curler – this is a new addition to Rubybox’s range of “tools”, I have never used an eye lash curler before and I must admit I was a bit nervous when trying it for the first time, scared that I would accidentally pull out all my eyelashes if I slipped. Thankfully I did not pull them out and I did notice a bit more of a up-swept curl, on my lashes but I think I still need to get the hang of using this beauty tool!
- Zehra Age Beautifully – the last item in this months box is by far the most intriguing! It is an oral collagen supplement, to help you maintain youthful looking skin. I have not tried it yet and I am somewhat sceptical but hey best I try it and find out for myself. The Zehra supplement contains Peptan Collagen, to help stimulate collagen production, improve skin hydration and re-densify the dermis.
To find out more about rubybox and how to order your own bespoke sample beauty box click here.
For more beauty reviews and product news click here.